Hickory, North Carolina
Position Class: Part-Time / Bi-vocational
Position Requirements & Qualifications
- Must be a Christian (born again), saved, sanctified, baptized in the Holy Spirit
- Must be a member of Lifepoint Church Hickory
- Must be a faithful in attendance and tithing to Lifepoint Church Hickory
- Must be supportive of the doctrine and practical commitments of the COG as outlined in the minutes of the General Assembly
- Must exhibit a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- Must possess experience in student ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Must be capable of creating and executing a long-term vision for the student ministry that will work in cooperation with the vision of Lifepoint Church Hickory.
- Must be gifted and called to youth ministry, love teenagers, and have a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
- An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who aligns with The Church of God statement of faith
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
- Must be able to keep sensitive information confidential
- Must have a spirit of cooperation and work well with the ministry team and Lead Pastor with a positive attitude
- Must abide by high standards in attitude, outlook, and morals, with awareness of the importance of example
- Must be flexible and able to plan, organize, and complete assignments with a minimum of direction
- Must have basic computer skills i.e., Microsoft Office and ministry related software i.e., Planning Center Online
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach and/or preach in the weekly youth service.
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, outreach, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
- Maintain a student ministries calendar within Planning Center Online”
- Maintain monthly contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Support youth parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of relationships and records.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budget; also manage student fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for organizing and executing yearly fundraisers for the Student Ministries Department.
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
- Participate in monthly Vision Team Meetings by preparing a monthly ministry report of the previous months activities and sharing a calendar of upcoming events.
- Utilize social media for communication and promotion of youth events.
- Attend and participate in a minimum of two conferences, seminars, or other training events annually (at the church’s expense)
- Arrive 45 minutes prior to the beginning of any scheduled event to ensure the necessary support staff and items are in place. (i.e., Sunday, Wednesday, and outreach events.).
- Attend all worship services, church events and special meetings.
- Perform additional tasks, as directed by the Lead Pastor, which enhance the purpose, mission, and method of Lifepoint Church Hickory.
If you are interested. Please send an updated copy of your resume to email@example.com.