Lenoir, North Carolina
Technical Development Manager
Technical Development Manager
My client, located in Lenoir, North Carolina, is looking for a Technical Development Manager to join its team. This person will be responsible for Provide training leadership to Production/Technical teams in developing injection molding processes and process technology. Develop their skills and abilities through internal and external resources and shared learning. Excellent benefits package included.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in Operations/Manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to drive enhanced performance for technical people and processes
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Master mold/RJG certification preferred
- Computer Literacy
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide training leadership to Production/Technical teams in developing injection molding processes and process technology. Develop their skills and abilities through internal and external resources and shared learning.
- Communicate requirements, successes, and business metrics.
- Work with the training department to develop and facilitate training programs and proper training paths for Setup Technicians and Tech Support personnel.
- Develop strategies, systems and procedures to maximize capital equipment utilization
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives in safety, process variation reduction, scrap reduction, quality improvement, tool changeover time and cost reduction. Document these initiatives through the Strategic Initiative process.
- Assist in the investigation and qualification of new molding technologies, processes and materials.
- Develop and manage systems and procedures to assure that all injection molding equipment and related auxiliary equipment are properly maintained.
- Assist in buying, modifying, and installing new and used machinery.
- Implements programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Provide leadership to continuous improvement efforts, especially in the areas of processing and equipment.
- Assist Product Development in new part quotations to ensure potential new business can be injected molded at a profit.
- Research, evaluate and recommend improvements to equipment.
- Take the lead as injection molding equipment and process evaluator for potential subcontractors as needed.
- Develop process parameters utilizing the Scientific Injection Molding Process.
- Participate in new product development meetings as required, sign off on “Ready for Production” process.
- Research and stay informed in the latest injection molding technology using all available resources including the internet, trade shows, and seminars.
- Work in teams in order to complete new projects in a timely fashion or complete continuous improvement projects.
- Sample new molds to ensure the tools function to the standards established by the company.
- Evaluation of old molds with problems, using SIM and troubleshooting
- Assist Tooling Engineering in developing new tools to ensure parts can be injected molded according to scientific principles for injection molding.
If you are looking for a stable company that will offer you career advancement and meet the above requirements, please send your resume in Word format to email@example.com. Interviews are being scheduled NOW.