Township of Taylorsville, North Carolina
R & D Manager
My client, located in Taylorsville, North Carolina, is looking for a R & D Manager to join its team. The R&D Manager is responsible for developing and executing new product development and works with the team to bring products to market. This includes leading and directing the R&D Team by distributing workload and ensuring motivation and performance levels are maintained. The R&D Manager will have responsibility for managing the R&D team, assigning individual responsibilities, and enforcing accountability, developing, and maintaining specific timelines and schedules to ensure timely completion of project. Excellent benefits package included.
- High School Diploma (required)
- 3+ years of Manager Skills
- 2+ years of progressively responsible experience in the industry
- 2+ years of experience leading teams
- Experience working successfully with customers and suppliers
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Strong time management, planning and analytical skills
- Strong computer usage skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Proficiency in Microsoft Project and SharePoint preferred.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to learn our business, be a team player and enjoy working in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong problem solving/decision-making skills, interpersonal skills, and analytical capabilities.
- Good general understanding of business and financial principles.
- Demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct.
- Understands the need for confidentiality in sensitive employee situations and in other business instances, when required.
- Adaptable, flexible, detail-oriented, creative, innovative thinker
- Process focused
- Team oriented
- An organized problem solver, able to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop the department’s resources with the goal of meeting or exceeding all deadlines and expectations.
- Travel to locations as needed
- Develop new innovative products.
- Manage the new concept development and production scale up process.
- Accurately maintain R&D project records, proactively providing status reports as required.
- Collaborate with Operations to achieve project objectives.
- Liaise with suppliers for new products and ingredients.
- Review and sign-off specifications
- Identifies and advances quality and process improvement opportunities.
- Keep current with changes in technologies
- Lead and mentor direct reports while providing developmental opportunities when available.
If you are looking for a stable company that will offer you career advancement and meet the above requirements, please send your resume in Word format to email@example.com. Interviews are being scheduled NOW.