Nashville, North Carolina
My client, located in Nashville, North Carolina, is looking for Quality Engineer to join its team. This person oversees everyday factory floor activities in order to train operators, act as a liaison between suppliers and customers, and define the methods and equipment used to measure key quality characteristics. Excellent benefits package included.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of experience in an automotive manufacturing environment dealing with customers.
- Practical experience of customer corrective actions methodologies as 8D, 7D, 5 phases etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Basic Tools and Six Sigma.
- Working knowledge of the AIAG Core Tools (PPAP, SPC, APQP, FMEA, MSA)
- Experience of Root Cause Analysis and Corrective/Preventive Actions.
- Certified ISO/TS16949 Internal Auditor
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Stamping, machining and/or plaiting experience
- Six Sigma experience
- Advanced understanding of engineering drawings, plant layouts
- Advanced process error proofing skills
- Dynamic, positive, and high energy approach to building customer relationships
- Proficient in preparing and delivery presentations
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Passion for helping customers and exceptional problem-solving skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle customer QA issues, prepare 8Ds and communicate solutions to customers in a timely manner
- Lead PPM improvement plan for strategic customers
- Develop and submit PPAP documents for new product lunches to meet customer requirements
- Maintain Control Plans and FMEA’s throughout the life of the part
- Determine quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes
- Monitor/analyze production performance trends for key quality metrics and establish appropriate control measures
- Perform robust root cause analysis of production issues, implements appropriate containment, and drives corrective action
- Establish statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error rate; determine levels of confidence
- Drive detection and prevention of non-conformances to eliminate failure modes and improve business results through reductions in scrap and rework costs in addition to assurance of a positive customer experience
- Evaluate and improves quality inspection methods and fixtures to improve reliability and repeatability of incoming, in-process, and final QC
- Drive continuous improvement through the implementation of projects which optimize production, inspection, and quality system processes
- Supply targets for yield improvements
If you are looking for a stable company that will offer you career advancement and meet the above requirements, please send your resume in Word format to email@example.com. Interviews are being scheduled NOW.