My client, located in Manchester, Tennessee, is growing and looking to add a Quality Engineer The focus of these positions is to lead APQP initiatives and to ensure effective and efficient process and procedure development that will lead to successful product launches. My client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Must have a stable work history in order to be considered.
- BS degree in Engineering
- 3 – 5 years of experience in Automotive Quality
- Understanding of Quality Systems, PPAP, and APQP
- Knowledge of ANSI, SAE and other industry/customer related standards
- Knowledge of GD&T, SPC Data Collection, CAD Models, Design for Manufacturing, VE/VA, DOE, FMEA, DFMEA/PFMEA, Reliability Engineering Plans
- Must be very familiar with Automotive Manufacturing Process, Synchronous Manufacturing, SPC, 8D’s, Control Plans, Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Thorough knowledge of IATF 16949 and ISO14001
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing Significant Characteristics, customer-specific requirements, and various test methods.
· Blueprint Reading, Basic Measuring Techniques, Proficient with CAD
- Ability to conduct effective training sessions
- Knowledge of presses, weld assembly equipment, inspection/gauging equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates on any Continuous Improvement teams as a team member or leader and provides the team with expertise, direction, and advice. Responsible as a team leader to manage the Continuous Improvement project by documenting each meeting, establishing timelines, goals, objectives and working within budget parameters.
- Stay abreast of customer engineering procedures and requirements
- Serve as customer liaison to ensure that all customer needs are achieved; function as a key player in the plant operation to support other departments from a technical standpoint.
- Identify, address, follow up and close all issues.
- Prepare timelines and keep management informed of progress issues.
- Ensure IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 compliance.
- Ensure that other departments provide the appropriate support to the plant. For example: work instructions, set-up sheets, safe equipment, useable tools, and effective processes.
- Responsible for documenting current projects
- Ensure that all quality documentation required by internal/external customers and IATF 16949 is completed.
- Actively participate Continuous Improvement and IATF 16949.
- Provides engineering support to other departments within the Company as directed by the Engineering Manager.
- Prepares work schedules with interim end target estimates for all projects within his/her responsibility.
- Initiate plans and ideas for cost reductions and/or quality improvement measures.
- Maintain proper filing system to ensure all information is properly stored and easily retrieved.
- Follows and enforces the guidelines and rules as defined in the Employee Handbook and Company policies.
- Carries out assigned responsibilities under IATF 16949 and ISO 14001.
- Any other reasonable request made by management.
- Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5S discipline are supported and adhered to.
If you are looking for a stable company that will offer you career advancement and you meet the above requirements, please send your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.