Hudson, North Carolina
My client, located in Hudson, North Carolina, is looking for a Quality Engineer to join its team. The Quality Engineer is responsible for providing leadership in the areas of product quality for injection molding and assembly. Excellent benefits package included.
- Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline; or equivalent mix of education and experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in Quality.
- 3-5 year experience operating under a certified quality management system
- Recognition by ASQ as a CQE, CRE, or CQM is a plus.
- Experience dealing with plastic and plastic processes is a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proactive and takes action without being prompted.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, sales, and customers
- Project management skills with a history of accomplishment
- Communication – demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional work groups including suppliers, customers and associates, both verbally and in writing. Excellent listening skills Diplomacy – skilled at handling situations without arousing hostility. Forge coalitions.
- Computer Skills: In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Experience with other quality software applications beneficial.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Along with Engineering, provide quality expertise for assigned Business Unit NPD activities, including but not limited to: design reviews, form, fit, and function analysis, FMEA’s, etc….
- Collaborate with customers’ quality and engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design. Make recommendations to modify customer part specifications and tolerances as necessary to support cost effective production.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve quality, efficiency, and reduce scrap.
- Lead PPM improvement plan for strategic customers.
- Be a technical resource for the initiation and implementation of cost improvement plans on new and existing programs. Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness
- Implement/support systems and procedures that assure compliance with the quality management system.
- Coordinate measurements, layouts and testing as needed.
- Develop and submit PPAP documents for new product lunches to meet customer requirements.
- Provide leadership, direction and clear information to manufacturing floor employees regarding product quality, quality systems requirements and operational methods.
- Field customer complaints, document corrective actions and provide leadership to teams for root cause analysis and solution implementation. Review and disposition warranty claims in partnership with Sales and Customer Service.
- Use and promote the use of statistics and other analytical tools for evaluating and improving product quality.
- Complete trend analysis for quality metrics, such as customer complaints, rework, and scrap to develop continuous improvement initiatives.
- Travel to other facilities or customers may be required to support business needs.
If you are looking for a stable company that will offer you career advancement and meet the above requirements, please send your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews are being scheduled NOW.