Wilmington, North Carolina
My client, located in the Wilmington, NC area, is looking for a Product Engineer to join its team. The Product Engineer focuses on project management – product development and product improvement activities within the Profit Center, ensuring efficient product substantiation, new product introduction, and on-going process improvements for assigned product line.
- Bachelor’s degree; B.S. in Materials or Mechanical Engineering preferred; technical work- study
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, geometry, trigonometry, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- CNC programming/Machining experience (Grinding experience is preferred)
- Experience with tool design
- Experience with 3D modeling
- Leads and is accountable for new product development activities within specified product lines.
- Maintains the status of all development activities and appropriately communicates with internal and external customers.
- Ensures a thorough and effective transition of new products and processes into production.
- Coordinates the completion and issuance of cost estimates.
- Develops process planning, incorporating customer requirements and coordinating reviews with company quality and production personnel. Sends plans to customer for approval as required.
- Ensures the effective design of production tooling.
- Manages the issuance and accuracy of production work instructions.
- Develops robotic programs related to product development.
- Participates in production throughput improvement activities to support cycle time reduction efforts.
- Manages the standard costs across product line.
- Interfaces with customers in regards to development and process activity status.
- Supports the company Vision, Quality Policy and Mission statement.
If you are looking for a stable company that will offer you career advancement and meet the above requirements, please send your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews are being scheduled NOW.